Our team - Global experience, local knowledge:
▪ Adenekan Adeniran is a Principal within the Investment Team and is instrumental in leading investment transactions.
▪ Adenekan has 18 years of experience in real estate, structured finance and private equity; extensive experience of real estate portfolio optimisation and rationalisation; and originating, negotiating, structuring and taking complex transactions to financial close.
▪ Prior to Kasada, Adenekan was a Principal with FRISIA Partners, a Nigeria focused firm he founded in 2012 to offer Transaction Advisory
Services on various aspects of the real estate value chain; and financing solutions for real estate development and investment transactions.
▪ Adenekan is a professional member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS); holds an Executive MBA from INSEAD where he was class valedictorian; a first-class B.Sc. (Hons) first degree in Real Estate Investment & Finance from Kingston University; an Islamic Finance Qualification issued by the Securities & Investment Institute (London) and Ecole Supérieure des Affaires (Beirut).
▪ Adenekan is Nigerian and British; speaks English and Yoruba; and is an avid student of Lebanese / Arabic.
Pierre Anglès d’Auriac
▪ Pierre Anglès d’Auriac leads Kasada in legal matters both at the deal and corporate level.
▪ Pierre brings with him a unique track record as both a senior business development executive with heavy contract negotiations and as a corporate lawyer.
▪ He most recently was in charge Majid Al Futtaim’s expansion of the Carrefour franchise in the Middle East and Africa and prior to that Auchan’s (the large French retailer) international expansion. He also spent 2 years as a Strategy Consultant at McKinsey.
▪ Pierre has also led a law firm in Viet Nam (Ngo Jung & Partners), where he worked on FDI related transactions in that frontier market.
▪ He started his career as an Associate Lawyer at Jones Day, the global American law firm.
▪ Pierre is French and speaks French and English.
▪ He has a Masters in Public Law from Université Paris Descartes. He is also a graduate of Sciences Po (Paris), has an LLM in International Business Law from the University of Manchester and holds an MBA from INSEAD.
▪ Ebrahim Baydoun is an Associate within the Investment Team where his responsibilities include investment analysis, financial modelling and project management of ongoing deals.
▪ He began his career in Goldman Sachs’ Investment Banking Division based in London.
▪ Prior to joining Kasada Ebrahim was an Associate at Ethos Private Equity, one of SSA’s largest private equity firms, where he gained deal experience in the TMT and FMCG sectors.
▪ Ebrahim has an LLB from City University London and a MSc from Hult International Business School.
▪ Ebrahim is South African and Lebanese and speaks English and Arabic.
Construction & Technical Services
▪ Kristian Cox is the Head of Construction & Technical Services. In his role as the head of Construction his primary responsibilities include design project management and technical services across all project gateways.
▪ Kristian brings with him over 17 years experience in engineering and technical services in the hospitality sector across Europe, the Middle East and Africa where he has successfully designed and delivered 70 plus hotels and leisure facilities including golf courses, marinas and equestrian centres across all star ratings and multiple brands including Emaar group brands, Four Seasons hotels, Radisson Hotels Maybourne hotels and Corinthia hotel group properties.
▪ Prior to joining Kasada he was the Area Director for Projects, Construction and Technical Services at Radisson Hotel Group covering Africa and the Indian Ocean.
▪ Prior to the Radisson Kristian ran the Emaar hospitality division as Group director of technical services and projects.
▪ Before starting his construction career, Kristian spent 9 years in the UK Navy.
▪ He has a B.Eng degree from HMS Sultan School of Marine, Aircraft Engineering.
▪ Kristian is British and has travelled to 52 of Africa’s 54 countries.
▪ Trad Cruickshank is a Financial Controller with primary responsibilities including ensuring the integrity of Fund financial statements, capital accounts; and that all statutory reporting requirements are met.
▪ Prior to Kasada, Trad was a Private Equity Fund CFO at Brait where his responsibilities included financial reporting, investor relations and deal structuring /implementation for the USD500million Brait IV Fund.
▪ He started his career at Deloitte South Africa’s Financial Services Institutions Team, where he gained experience in Private Equity, Mezzanine Finance, Microfinance and Insurance.
▪ Trad is a qualified Chartered Accountant and has a BCom Accounting degree (honours) from the University of Johannesburg.
▪ Trad is South African and speaks English and Afrikaans.
Chief Investment Officer
▪ David Damiba has 25 years of finance experience with an extensive African fund management, portfolio construction and risk management track record covering all asset classes across more than 20 African countries.
▪ Before joining Kasada in 2018, David was a Partner at Helios Investment Partners, where he co-founded and co-led the firm’s activities in African mezzanine and structured credit. In that capacity, David originated, led, structured and executed a variety of transactions targeting equity-like returns with significant structural downside protection and an emphasis on yield and self-liquidation.
▪ Prior to joining Helios in 2012, David was a Managing Director and founder of Africa Funds at Renaissance Asset Managers (UK). David’s area of focus at Renaissance was on providing structured solutions across the capital structure to a wide range of entities.
▪ David has a BA in Economics from New York University (NYU) and an MBA from INSEAD.
▪ David is Burkinabé and British and speaks English and French.
Chief Executive Officer
▪ Olivier Granet has extensive hospitality industry experience gained over 20 years at Accor.
▪ In his last position as CEO of AccorHotels Middle East and Africa, he oversaw 30,000 employees and was responsible for a portfolio of over 200 hotels consisting of 50,000 rooms across over 30 countries.
▪ He joined the Middle East team in 2011 when the Group had 40 hotels in the region. As a senior executive leading Accor’s expansion in the region, Olivier made remarkable strides in growing the network, where he was ultimately acquiring one new property signature every two weeks and opening one hotel a month.
▪ In 2016 Olivier took on the role of Chief Operating Officer Middle East, and in 2017 added Africa to his remit when he became Chief Operating Officer of Middle East and Africa.
▪ Before joining Accor, he spent 10 years within Deloitte’s Audit and Corporate Finance practice.
▪ Olivier has a BA from Grenoble Institute of Political Studies (Sciences-Po Grenoble) and an executive MBA from ESSEC Business School.
▪ Olivier is French and speaks English & French.
▪ Bonga Hlongwane is an Associate within the Investment Team where his responsibilities investment analysis, financial modelling and project management of ongoing deals.
▪He began his career at Standard Bank working on Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Capital Markets transactions and BEE restructurings across various sectors.
▪Prior to joining Kasada, Bonga was an Investment Banking Associate at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Johannesburg.
▪ Bonga has a BBusSci in Economics and Finance from the University of Cape Town.
▪ Bonga is South African and speaks English and Zulu.
▪ Sola Jagun is a Senior Associate within the Investment Team where her responsibilities include investment analysis, financial modelling and project management of ongoing deals.
▪ She began her career at Citigroup in London, working in the Equity Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions teams. After five years at Citigroup, she left as an Investment Banking Associate, with deal experience in the consumer, retail and real estate sectors.
▪ Prior to joining Kasada, Sola was an Associate Consultant at African Infrastructure Investment Managers, where she worked on infrastructure private equity transactions.
▪ Sola has an MEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Imperial College London and an MBA from INSEAD. She also holds a certificate in Hotel Real Estate Investments and Asset Management from Cornell University.
▪ Sola is Nigerian and British and speaks English and Yoruba.
▪ Ram Lokan is a Principal within the Investment Team and leads transactions across Kasada’s target economies.
▪ Ram has over 14 years of experience in global real estate private equity and operations across North America, India and SSA.
▪ Prior to joining Kasada, Ram was based in Dar es Salaam where he was CEO of Village Supermarket, an East African Supermarket chain that he led and expanded over 4 years.
▪ Prior to that he spent 8 years in real estate and infrastructure investments, notably at the Xander Group in Singapore and Global Infrastructure Partners in New York. Ram started his career as an M&A Analyst at Credit Suisse in New York.
▪ He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School where he was elected George F. Baker Scholar and a Bachelor of Commerce from McGill University obtained with First Class Honors.
▪ Ram is French and grew up in Guadeloupe. He speaks French and English.
Chief Financial Officer
▪ Richard Lund leads Kasada’s Finance and Support functions.
▪ Richard brings with him a wealth of knowledge gained over more than 30 years in the Finance and Investment space across various geographies; including London, New York and Hong Kong.
▪ Prior to joining Kasada Richard spent 19 years at DH Private Equity Partners, one of the pioneers of European private equity (peak AUM of USD8bn), where in his last position as CFO and Main Board Director he was responsible for the Finance and Support functions working across three asset classes: Real Estate, Private Equity and Technology Ventures.
▪ Areas of expertise include Private Equity Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Complex International Tax Structuring.
▪ Richard is British.
▪ He has been a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) since 1989.
Ali bin Mohamed
▪ Ali bin Mohamed is a Consultant to the Kasada Group.
▪ Ali’s experience spans many geographies including working with Qatar Financial Centre (“QFC”), Hassad Food (part of QIA) and QInvest in Qatar and BNP Paribas, ING Bank and Citigroup in the UK.
▪ He was previously a Vice President of Business Development for QFC. He also held the role of Head of Africa where he worked to bridge the gap between Qatar and Africa across several sectors and was instrumental in guiding Qatar to negotiating favorable Double Taxation Treaties, Investments and Protection Agreements with several African countries.
▪ In his previous banking experience Ali was involved in a variety of Islamic financing deals, capital raising and advisory transactions across the GCC and SSA.
▪ Ali has completed the Harvard Business School Agribusiness Executive Education program and the ‘’Developing the Leader’’ EMBA program with HEC Paris in Qatar. He also has an MBA in Islamic Finance.
▪ Ali is a Certified Sharia’a Auditor and Advisor (CSAA) with the Accounting and Auditing Organization of Islamic Financial Institutions in Bahrain.
▪ Ali is Dutch and of Kenyan and Somali descent. He speaks English, Dutch, Arabic, Kiswahili, Somali, Afrikaans and Frisian.
Pierre-Etienne de Montgrand
▪ Pierre-Etienne de Montgrand is the Head of Asset Management. In his role as the head of Asset Management his primary responsibilities include leading the transition between Design and Construction to Property Management to ensure effective asset optimization and monitoring.
▪ Pierre-Ettienne brings with him 16 years of hospitality experience with AccorHotels across a range of operational roles and geographies.
▪ Prior to Kasada, he was Director of Operations at ibis and ibis Style India where he was responsible for the asset management of a portfolio of 19 hotels. Some of his responsibilities included drafting and implementing sales and revenue strategies, marketing plans and capital budgets and physical asset reviews.
▪ Pierre –Etienne has a MSc degree from IESEG School of Management.
▪ He is French and speaks French, English and Spanish.
▪ Buhle Ndlovu is a consulting Senior Associate within the Investment Team where her responsibilities include investment analysis, financial modelling and project management of ongoing deals.
▪ She began her career in Standard Chartered Bank’s Africa Mergers and Acquisitions team covering various sectors including TMT, FMCG and Retail.
▪ Prior to Kasada she was a Senior Associate at Emerging Capital Partners in Nairobi with deal experience in the FMCG and Education sectors.
▪ Buhle has a BA in International Politics, Economics and Chinese from Middlebury College and an MBA from Saïd Business School (Oxford University) where she was a Saïd Scholar and graduated with honours.
▪ Buhle is South African and speaks English, Mandarin and Zulu.
▪ Nothando is a junior accountant within the finance function.
▪ In her role as junior accountant Nothando’s primary responsibilities include assisting with statutory reporting and ensuring the integrity of fund financials.
▪Prior to Kasada Nothando worked as an accountant at Aurora Wind Power where she was responsible for the preparation of management accounts for audit, preparation of annual financials for investors and collating and analyzing data for budgeting purposes.
▪ She has an Advanced Diploma in Accounting Sciences from the University of South Africa and a BCom degree from the University of the Witwatersrand.
▪ Nothando is South African and speaks English, Afrikaans and Zulu.
▪ Lasse Ristolainen is a Development Principal and his primary responsibility is originating hotel investment opportunities.
▪ Prior to joining Kasada he was a Director of Development for Westmont Hospitality Group, one of the largest privately held hospitality organizations in the world, looking after their acquisition strategy across Africa.
▪ Before Westmont, Lasse spent over ten years with Hilton where his last primary role was to grow Hilton’s portfolio of brands throughout SSA.
Prior to his Hilton Development Director role, Lasse was part of Hilton’s inaugural Feasibility and Investment Analysis team for Europe & Africa where he later directed the team in Middle East and Asia Pacific based out of Singapore.
▪ His professional experience in the hospitality industry spreads over three continents and he has an MBA from Cornell University and IMHI-ESSEC Business School in Paris. He has previously worked in both consultancy and hotel general management roles.
▪ Lasse is Estonian and speaks English, Estonian and Finnish.